There are so many different types of camera straps out there. The handgrip camera strap meets a particular requirement that makes it really appealing.
A camera hand strap can be used for DSLR, mirrorless, or even a point & shoot camera. You can also search online what different types of camera straps are available in the market and when and why you should use a hand grip strap. It basically attaches the camera to your holding hand. A typical hand strap has two main functions.
One attaches the camera to your hand and the second provides a secure fallback by anchoring a safety line to your wrist. This ensures that the camera does not fall out if you accidentally let go of it.
Advantages of a Handgrip camera strap
- The most important advantage is that it's probably the least bulky camera strap out there. It just attaches to your hand and the camera is always with you when you want to shoot.
- This is very good when you are trying to cover an event or wedding and you intend to shoot a lot of images in a short time.
- For a single camera gear and for a short duration this is the best camera strap variety.
- Grips the hand and wrist to prevent accidental slips from turning into disastrous drops.
- Some hand straps come with base plate mounting and quick attachments which can enhance the function.
Camera straps are an effective way to mount the camera to some part of your body.