Many residential homeowners are choosing to install underground storm water Detention Tanks so they do not have to look at unsightly above ground tanks and by using this they actually save valuable space on their properties.
For underground tanks storage, the main choice of construction materials is either plastic or concrete. You can also use effluent storage tank for water storage purpose.
Image Source: Google
Advantages of Plastic Tanks over Steel Tanks:-
- Plastic storage are very lightweight and can often be moved (empty) by hand into position.
- Another advantage of the plastic water tanks is its light weight. Because of lighter weight the plastic tank is having much lower shipping cost when compared to a heavy galvanized steel tank.
- Given today's fuel prices, this can be the best way of amount to huge tanks storage.
- Plastic water tanks can be placed on just about any flat surface and they did not require anything sharp underneath. Galvanized steel tanks require very expensive steel rings and a rock base to keep them from sitting in rust-inducing water.
- It is easier to repair a plastic water tank, if it accidentally punctured.
- Plastic storage tanks will not rust, rot, crack or corrode like other materials and hence very low maintenance requirements because regular expensive inspections aren't required.
- Plastic water tank is 100% recyclable.tanks storage are having more life span.